Digitisation is a collective term, firstly it is the process of converting information, generally from the natural environment into a digital (computerised) format, as It is also a term used for the transference of analogue processes into faster more efficient digital outputs.
The challenge in any digital development is to create an exciting agile environment that engages users, delivers information to them faster, in an office or factory it is to limit the number of touch points and reduce processing time.
WHY IS DIGITISATION SO IMPORTANT?
- Improve the efficiency of a business’s process, consistency, and quality.
- Integrating conventional records into a digitised system removing redundancies and shortening the communications chain.
- Improve accessibility and facilitate better information exchange for staff and users.
- Improve response time and customer service anywhere in the world
- Reduce costs operating costs
- Ability to take advantage of analytics and real user data.
- Help with the flexibility of staff and reduced overheads
- Improvement plan for business continuity and growth
WHAT INDUSTRIES HAVE EMBRACED DIGITISATION WELL?
We do believe that any industry can and should go digital. Here we will showcase three of them that have been one of the major and most successful adopters. The computer games and film industries are perhaps the most obvious examples of digitisation and digital refinement, building lifelike and imaginative environments to engage, evoke and excite the user, and when ‘time is money’ fast turnaround is essential.
Another digitally competitive market is the online casino industry, an excellent example of how real-life Vegas type environments, are transported and digitised to bring the user a visually stimulating, exciting and rewarding UX. Engagement is optimised to keep users on the site for as long as possible to improve gameplay, enjoyment and loyalty. This improvement in streamlined digital processes is easily identifiable in customer services, call selections, instant messaging and much more – In such a competitive market customer services is pivotal.
SO WHAT IS THE TAKEAWAY WITH DIGITISATION?
These are three of the largest and most popular global industries grossing billions annually, therefore we can learn a great deal from their approaches for our own digital efficiencies, just on a smaller scale perhaps?
- Try to excel – Don’t approach digitisation half-heartedly embrace it and try to push the limits of your digital environment. Make the improvements that save you time and money.
- The more links in the chain the more weakness it presents during economic change.
- Ensure that your digitisation policy benefits staff and customers alike.
- Consider using software to remove redundancies
- Operate the most lean and efficient business you can with your budget.
Software can improve data processes, which might ordinarily have been completed by a member of staff; benefitting your business by freeing up more time and ultimately eliminating the risk of human error. Lots of technical buzzwords will be used to describe digitalisation in roadmaps and presentations, but in truth, it is quite a simple process, it is about helping businesses to help themselves in a more demanding digital era.
There is no doubt what so ever, that the cloud is disrupting both business and everyday life. The buzz relating to cloud involves its technological capabilities, the benefits, assisting businesses to work smarter, so the adoption of cloud can host a digital transformation.
Our service: Our Team of experts will help you to go Digital and Succeed